The office of Emergency Management (OEM) coordinates the efforts of all town departments and town officials to assure a fast response in the event of a disaster occurring. We do this by:
- Having a FEMA approved Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Having an approved New Hampshire Homeland Security and Emergency Management Local Emergency Operation Plan.
- Maintaining an Emergency Operation Center (EOC) in the bottom floor of the Town Offices. The EOC is where all department heads meet and coordinate responses throughout the town as needed during disasters. We also secure State and Federal resources when needed during disasters.
- We provide information and training for citizens to be prepared for disasters. It is the individuals responsibility for personal preparedness for the first three days of a disaster.
- Under some circumstances we apply for financial reimbursement for extraordinary costs incurred during severe weather events.