POST MEETING UPDATE : The Board of Selectmen held the hearing as publically noted. There were some great suggestions and they are still looking for your input on possible ways to spend the money. If you have any suggestions, please email the Town Administrator with the Subject line "ARPA", at Administrator@TownOfNewIpswich.org, we appreciate all your suggestions.
The New Ipswich Board of Selectmen are holding a public hearing in accordance with RSA 31:95-b on September 13, 2021 at 7:00 pm in the New Ipswich Town Office for the purpose of accepting funds received from the State of New Hampshire under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA).
The public is encouraged to attend and provide suggested uses for the funds received.
Possible uses of Local Fiscal Recovery Funds:
- Support Public health expenditures: For example, funding COVID – 19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff.
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency: This can include economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector.
- Replace lost public sector revenue: Using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic.
- Provide premium pay for essential workers: Offering additional support to these who have a will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors.
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure: Making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and storm water infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet.
If you want more information on this, go to the US Dept. of Treasury at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/coronavirus/assistance-for-state-local-and-tribal-governments/state-and-local-fiscal-recovery-funds