Welcome to the Welfare Department of New Ipswich where we temporarily assist an individual and or family that is having a hardship.
- You may apply once a month. You will need to submit a new application or intake form and provide all requested documentation and make an appointment.
- The Welfare Department does not pay for denture/dental work, hearing aids, or eye glasses. Certain Civic agencies may be able to help. Call Kiwanis, Lions, Elks, Rotary and local churches.
- The Welfare Department does not pay for internet, car payments, car repairs, car registrations, license renewals, drivers education, tuition, classes, lessons, credit card payments, or legal fees or fines.
- If you are able to work, you will be required to look for work and keep a log of the places applied to as proof you are looking for employment.
- If you claim you cannot work, you need to provide a doctor's note stating you cannot work.
- If you do not have requested documentation it will delay assistance until it is received and verified by this office.
- A Notice of Decision shows the amount of assistance granted or denied, required referrals to other agencies, and what you need to do to receive assistance.
- REPAYMENT TO THE TOWN: You are required to repay all assistance once your income increases.
|Carrie Traffie||Director||(603) 878-2772 ext 418|